3.0
Additional Fees

First of all - it took 2 hours to get through.I called to cancel a flight for my self and two others.

The total flight was $770.00. My niece who we were visiting had just found out she was pregnant with twins and was so sick that we couldn't come. I called them 4 days after I booked the flight. Because I did not spend the $75.00 per person (or an additional $225.00) for the ability to change the flight - I was charged $450.00 to cancel the flight..............seriously............so after 45 minutes with the rudest person I had ever dealt with I cancelled the flight.

They would not refund the remain amount but said I would get the voucher. Now we are going back.....(not my choice the others insisted on this airline) I called for my voucher and guess what......they never cancelled the flight - they said it was a NO SHOW and so no voucher either.

They said I didn't cancel the flight......so what about - my family member is sick and we can't go and they didn't cancel the flight.I HATE THIS AIRLINE SOMEONE ELSE PLEASE COME TO FORT WAYNE SO I NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH THESE GUYS AGAIN.............................................................

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a partial refund as the author lost $770. This person is overall dissatisfied with Allegiant Air. The most disappointing about allegiant air flight at Allegiant Air was cancellation policy, customer service ignored request to cancel and to avoid refunding voucher Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Allegiant Air.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Transport category for more informed decision or compare Allegiant Air to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Allegiant Air?

Comments

So you went cheap and didnt buy the Cancel insurance and now you blame Allegiant?

I agree Allegiant does do a lot of flight delays and other bad PR things but this is 100% on you.

CHEAPSKATES are never happy !!

I would try to see if you could listen to the tape of your conversation with the agent.For future use, you have to realize how easy miscommunication can happen when one is verbally communicating with another.

Two suggestions: 1) At the end of the conversation, summarize what you want done: "I want all three tickets cancelled." 2) Send written confirmation in the nature of a letter (certified return receipt) or email, so that you have proof you cancelled the ticket.

Other than not cancelling the ticket, Allegiant did nothing wrong. You chose to buy a non-refundable ticket. Not hard to understand- no refund.

At most you get a voucher for future travel, upon payment of change fees. You were not charged $450.00 to cancel the flight, you would be charged $150.00 per ticket in order to use the credit on that ticket in the future.

When you try to be cheap and not buy a fully refundable ticket, you will not get a refund (with any airlines) but a voucher for future credit.

Also, any change fees have to be paid in cash and cannot be taken out of the voucher.