1.3
Additional Fees
Number of Destinations

Terrible!I had a family member pass away and missed my flight and they said well, because you didn't notify us 24 hours in advance you forfeited your flight; regardless of the travel insurance I purchased and the travel insurance documentation even says if there's a death you have 168 hourst to rebook.

They told me their allegiant policy over rules the trip insurance document.... um then why did you sell it to me if it doesn't mean anything and the original rules of the ticket travel still apply? Well that's our "Prerogative." Click. SERIOUSLY?

Worst customer service out of any company I've done business with, by far. Why would anyone fly with this company? First and last experience. Also, this was one of several calls I had put into them with either promises of automated call backs, within 1-2 hours, or after sitting on hold for a hour+ and then disconnected once someone "picked up" but chose to be silent and disconnect the call, or customer service saying they couldn't pull it up at that moment and would call me back...

So despite my extensive attempt, a death in the family which was very difficult on its own, my purchasing travel insurance through them in case of emergency, I've completely forfeited my flight...

voluntarily.In short, they have the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. daniellelemons stated that there is a room for improvement of poor customer service and resolution. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of allegiant air flight and associated monetary loss in the amount of $250. Allegiant Air needs to "tp change my flight" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned allegiant air flight in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Allegiant Air.

Had an Experience with Allegiant Air?

Comments

Patty2016
Clarksburg, West Virginia, United States #1102798

I contacted my Congressman, who can investigate federal agencies.49 USC 41762--Airline Passenger Fair Treatment Act.

It appears Department of Transportation (DOT) has EXEMPTED Allegiant from this into 2018!!!!!

Without the law in effect, the airline can treat people how they want without any responsibility.

First, I doubt that Allegiant Air is in the travel insurance business and so your travel insurance was purchased from another company, although bought through Allegiant.So your real complaint would be with the travel insurance company for failing to provide to you adequate insurance coverage.

Also, if you are not entitled to what your are asking for, then it doesn't matter how "socially" the people say no. What make you feel entitled to have people sooth your feelings, when you have not right to ask for it in the first place.

When you called Allegiant, you knew your ticket was not cancellable and what you were asking for "from the airlines" was something to which you are not entitled. When they said no, you deem that to be rude.

Would it be any less so if they said "no with sweetness." The company to whom you should have addressed the issue was the insurance company that issued the travel policy you bought.

Allegiant may have passed on the bad insurance news to you, but it is the insurance company itself you should have been addressing not Allegiant.

to Anonymous #1043745

Well, I hate to break it to you but I cannot reschedule a flight with the travel insurance company which was sold to me through Allegiant.I know this boggles your mind because you think you know what you're talking about but have no clue, but yet still feel the need to attack an individual on a subject which you are choosing pieces to pick apart, and don't know the entire situation.

Obviously, I didn't go into minute details on the entire process. Yes, duh, the travel insurance is not "Allegiant Travel Insurance" however, you're supposed to reschedule through them as per the guidelines. Also, it does matter how they say no, as their JOB is titled "CUSTOMER SERVICE." I'm the customer their JOB is to tell me no per this guideline; not tell me no because they "feel like it" it's 'no' today in which ever manner they choose. I highly doubt any company, regardless how pitiful it may be, would hire individuals to answer customer service calls to make up rude answers as they go along, versus outlining where the company stands on the topic.

Side note... who randomly browses complaints to tell people their complaint isn't good enough for you?.... then don't read reviews of the company and continue to do business with them. (weird) You're not even outlining facts you're just attacking someone who was treated rudely unsolicited...

I was calling to book another flight.Do you think I would've said, oh well I lost my $250 and booked another $250 flight versus...

Also regardless of the loss of my flight my complaint was about the horrid customer service. They should invest in a quality assurance program and make an effort to hire individuals with decent social skills. Well, actually that might just be their "prerogative." ....Hire felons right out of prison so that when they speak to customers it's clear that they're thugs and have no respect for you as a person, let alone as one of their customers.

Allegiant Air is pretty clear they offer no bereavement refunds.You bought a non-refundable flight, and did not properly notify them you would not be using the ticket.

If you want to avoid these problems, fly an airlines with refundable tickets. Allegiant web site says: "You can receive a full refund of your ticket purchase if you notify us within 24 hours of your purchase, provided the scheduled time of departure was at least one week (168 hours) away at time of booking. After 24 hours, tickets purchased are non-refundable.

There are no change fees to change your dates of travel if you purchased Trip Flex travel protection, as long as these changes are made at least one hour prior to travel. Otherwise, a standard change fee applies to any ticket changes.

In an effort to keep our fares low for all passengers and to stay competitive, Allegiant does not offer a bereavement exception.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

In other words, within 24 hours of PURCHASING A TICKET YOU CAN CANCEL IT, otherwise it is non-refundable, although you can apparently change the flight at a cost, if you notify them at least 7 days before the flight.

Within the 7 day period there is no refund or change allowed unless you bought Trip Flex.

to Anonymous #1043431

Well clearly you felt the need to post a useless comment without reading my complaint thoroughly.As I purchased travel insurance through them on the same transaction as my ticket.

That travel insurance documentation clearly states and covers for death of a family member. Doesn't say bereavement as most organizations or large companies would use, says death of family member.

So I know the ticket I purchased was not cancelable etc; hence the reason to purchase the insurance.If I purchase travel insurance I would assume that the terms of that insurance would supersede the terms of the ticket...as any consumer would.

to Anonymous #1043438