1.5
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

Came more than 1.5 hours before my flight, with only my bookbag, no bags, to go see my mother on Christmas Day.Had checked in online as well for my flight 24 hours before.

Came into the airport and noticed no desk reps at the counter. Tried going through TSA but they don't accept any information but a barcode. Allegiant application for Android was not pulling up the barcode. Went to Delta, and another airline next to the Allegiant Desk, no one could call them or find out since they didn't know.

Spoke to the airport help desk, where they paged Alligient through the intercom. No one at Allegiant baggage claim (which they share with Frontier). Called Allegiant airlines phone number, where I was on hold for more than 50 minutes, where they could not help me and asked for me to purchase another flight, even after explaining the whole situation.

It was the most frustrating Christmas Day I've ever experienced, felt I was in Home Alone 2 but as a grown adult.Not only was I not reimbursed for my flight, but I had to purchase another ticket for more than $400 one way.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of allegiant air customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $158. Allegiant Air needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned allegiant air customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Allegiant Air.

Had an Experience with Allegiant Air?

Comments

Ontario, Canada #1266559

You obviously did not see Home Alone 2, if you did your complaint would be about how you were rushing to catch your plane, and how you followed someone who you thought was your dad, and about how your whole family ended up in Florida(the location can change) and you ended up in New York because they just let you on the plane without verifying your ticket because you pointed to some random stranger wearing the same suit as your father as your father.

Meesh2016
San Diego, California, United States #1262094

Sounds like someone may be a little generous to themselves on the whole "arrived 1.5 hours prior" bit...

Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States #1261467

Why on earth do people not print their boarding passes before arriving at the airport? All airlines allow it and that way you have the pass with the barcode before you get there. So simple.

Newark, New Jersey, United States #1261024

When in doubt, work backwards.A plane load of people departed from the airport.

Somehow all those people got to the gate and onto the plane timely. If no representative was at the counter as the original poster, that means a whole plane load of people got to the counter and through security more than an hour and a half prior to the flight. If any of them had gone to the counter and through security during the 1 1/2 hour time period just before the flight, the consumer would have seen them.

Knowing human nature, what makes me doubt that the entire plane load of passengers showed up more than 1 1/2 hours prior to the flight and check in, so that the Allegiant counter could close down, leaving only the poster not able to check in.Sounds to me like the half hour before hand arrival another commentator surmised is closer to the truth.

Beaverton, Oregon, United States #1260715

Let me guess you showed up 30 min before your scheduled flight thinking that was plenty of Time.All airlines have check in time requirements as where you have to be checked in and present before the cutoff time.Some airlines at smaller airports use the same employees to board the airplane that check in passengers.so at the cutoff time they leave the check in counter.Every airline has different requirements its always good to know policies when you agree to the terms.Also airlines will cancel your tickets and you loose your money when you dont follow the rules you agreed too.that is not the airlines fault.

to Anonymous Calgary, Alberta, Canada #1260750

His review clearly states he arrived 1.5 hours before his flight. Not 30 minutes as you assumed.

LadyScot
to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #1261287

Obviously not since the plane and all the passengers on it left without him.

He could have saved himself all that aggravation and used the check in kiosk and been done with it. OR had he connected to the wifi in the airport he could have connected to the system to download his boarding pass, which if he checked in online as he claimed, he could have chosen to email it to himself, then saved the image to his phone. I do this every time I fly.

to Anonymous Fullerton, California, United States #1267470

What makes you believe the OP is being honest?