For a Christmas present for my 80 year old mother-in-law I booked and paid for a trip to Vegas on December 13, 2013.The confirmation #***8516, was for a flight for 4 from Duluth MN.

on February 14, 2014, a full size car and a 2 Double bed non-smoking room at the Riviera Hotel and Casino. Well the flight from Duluth to Vegas was 1 hour late 9:30 PM, not a major problem. When we arrived in Vegas we got the shuttle to the Alamo car rental. We were told that our car was not ready yet and that we would have to wait about 20 minutes.

This is when I got really impressed. The Alamo representative apologized a second time and gave us some bottled water to enjoy while we waited. In less than the 20 minutes the representative was back giving me a free upgrade to a Full Size SUV and a free half tank of gas!!!! Like I said I was very impressed.

We drove down The Strip showing off as many sights as we could to a very happy but tired 80 year old mother-in-law after all by now it was 4:30AM our time. I droped my wife and mother-in-law at reception to check in while I parked the SUV. About 45 minutes later I finally arrive at the reception desk to find my wife and 80 year old mother-in-law still waiting to check in! When we finally got to the counter our prepaid room had been given away !!!!

Robert at the counter said our only choice was either a 2 double bed SMOKING room or a NON-SMOKING king and maybe we can squeeze a cot in. I could'nt believe that I had paid in full to Allegiant Air for a NON-SMOKING 2 Double bed room and yet was told by their vacation partner that it was given away first come first serve. Does Allegiant Air not know their own flight schedule??? Allegiant Air took my money knowing that I would arrive too late to get the room I paid them for.

As for the customer service from the Riviera, non existant, as Robert could care less whether we were satisfied or not. They had already been paid for a room and it was either take what they give or go elsewhere! If you're thinking, "well, put up with it for one night and change the next day", Robert says that you can't do that because once they give you a room it's yours for the duration of your trip so too bad for you!

I would like to say that we had a great trip to Vegas but this ruined it completely.I will definately book future vacations through anybody but Allegiant Air!

Review about: Allegiant Air Shuttle Service.

Had an Experience with Allegiant Air?

Comments

Mesa, Arizona, United States #787973

Read the fine print. Room choice is not guaranteed by any hotel. You can request but that is all.

oooooooo how nice!Upgraded to an SUV for a 20 minute wait and a bottle of water!

Cool, definitely will book with Alamo! So, hotels do not "hold" rooms till 6PM anymore? And wow, to offer a Smoking Room??? Fantastic (didn't know there were still Smoking Rooms offered - how nice, not having to go outside to smoke).

Wow, to take the room or go elsewhere? Wow, what a friendly hotel.

And that is pretty good, too - only an hour delay for departure.All useful information.

Hummmmmmm.....interesting.Kinda hard to swallow this "Robert" since Hotels are so accommodating.

Even his 'attitude' seems a bit unlikely. Whatever. But, in the future, it is always good practice to contact the hotel direct, indicating you have purchased a package thru 'whoever' and reconfirm direct with the hotel. Also, pretty good to be upgraded to an SUV since that alone is quite rare to ever happen.

If all is true, an airline cannot control what a hotel does or does not do.

Next time, perhaps, do a little research and book hotel and car directly - often it is cheaper than a package.Most experienced travelers research their trip before committing to "click/accept."