1201 N Town Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89144, USA

I booked a flight (on December 1st) for my partner and me to fly back to Fort Lauderdale on December 31st. We flew home on Southwest with our dog and intended to fly back with our dog on Allegiant.

I checked with their policy to make sure everything would be fine. I even called them to talk to them directly. We have an emotional support dog so there should be no problem. I made sure our reservation reflected that we would be flying with an emotional support animal.

Well apparently they changed their policy on December 12th and didn't even bother to reach out and let us know.

I had to buy a 900 dollar same day ticket on Southwest Airlines.

Fun times. Thanks Allegiant, you're the absolute worst and we will never use you again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Allegiant Air Customer Care.

Comments

When they changed their policy they sent EVERYONE who was already booked an email which is standard and all that is required by law.Uf you didn’t get the email it may have went to spam

Thank the Lord they changed their policy...I'm sure anyone who would be subjected to your mutt is pleased they didn't allow the thing on board. Also good on Southwest for charging you to fly with it. How about you stay home and don't force the rest of us to put up with it just because YOU can't *** a flight without a pet.

@Anonymous

Hello. Hope you are having a wonderful day.

Just wanted to clarify that Southwest didn't make us pay anything.

It's completely free to fly with service animals on their airline. And again, hope you are having a WONDERFUL day, sounds like you are though so no worries on that front.

@Anonymous

Good lord, some people actually need the assistance of their animal. You obviously need to learn and educate yourself before speaking.

Allegiant Air Reviews