Additional Fees
Level of Comfort

Senior citizens beware of ALLEGIANT AIR…

My wife and I was booked to fly from Stockton, California to Las Vegas, Nevada. We are financially able to make a trip like this once a year. We were due to leave April 1st at 10 a.m. My wife( age 75) woke me up at 5 a.m. very sick I had to rush her to the hospital she was sepsis and spent 3 nights in the hospital. Then had to have her gallbladder removed and that was two more days, I called allegiant air at 5am to notify them we were unable to make the flight and why. I have a letter from the doctor and Documents from the hospital proving that this actually happened. Allegiant Airlines does not care, They have no empathy for senior citizens, all I got back from them was two form letters Allegiant air does not care, they will tell you they have “trip flex”. It cost so much we could not buy it and still fly. They just said they were keeping our $643.97 and they do not care what we think, they were so rude. All we asked for was to fly at a later date not a refund. You cannot believe how uncaring and rude their customer service people are until you talk to them. They do not care about senior citizens, They take your money and don't care if you ever fly with them again. Please remember Allegiant Airline does not care about senior citizens. I believe that they know seniors at times will get sick and that's how they take your money beware of Allegiant air….TO58397

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of poor customer service and zero customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of allegiant air customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $644. Allegiant Air needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned allegiant air customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Allegiant Air.

Comments

Labelle, Florida, United States #1178736

I think it is ridiculous. My sister just flew to Las Vegas on allegiance air.

It was the trip from ***. If you have all the documents I would dispute with your credit card company. I don't understand why companies don't care about people anymore. What would it hurt for them to give you another ticket?

They would at least have 2 happy customers. Good Luck.

to Anonymous Rochester, New York, United States #1178752

I don't understand why people don't care about being honest and living by the agreements they make. The original poster agreed to the terms which provided for no refund.

He passed up the chance to buy Flex which would have helped in this case.

Disputing it with the credit card company would be dishonest. In effect he would be saying "I agreed to this, but now I want you the credit card company not to pay, because they are making me live up to the terms of the agreement I made." That certainly is not a legitimate reason to dispute it.

to Anonymous Melbourne, Florida, United States #1182173

You say you don't understand why people don't care about being honest. But you think it is OK to sell a product and not deliver it?

Why should a person have to pay extra, and I mean scams like Trip-Flex, when they have paid for a seat on a plane...here is my point: First, have you ever tried to use Trip-Flex? The airline exhausts you as you attempt to contact them and does not respond...you pay them a fee but do all the work...it all falls on you. Imagine if your automobile insurer was this lax! Second: it costs the airline NOTHING to do the right thing and acknowledge that death and illness surprise us all...honest?

Be honest yourself and recognize that the airline, Allegiant, has collected their money and through fine print BS delivered NOTHING! Nada! Honest? Put these people on the first flight with seats available and do the right thing Allegiant!

My god, do they really have to be convinced of this?

Has our country's business ethos really degraded to this low, low point?

San Diego, California, United States #1178384

Apparently anyone that opposes grandpa's views on a basic company policy works for the company.

Get over yourself.

You made the mistake. You should have gotten the flex. You paid $600+ on a ticket? I doubt an extra 50 bucks (or around that price) would have been the breaking point for you.

You should have gotten the flex ticket and you should have read the rules. I wont spend 20 bucks online without first looking at the rules.

You are being held to the same standards as anyone else, regardless of age.

That's what *** you off.

Mishawaka, Indiana, United States #1178139

H. Kitchener is so right.

I am over 65 and am tired of people pulling that "senior citizen" card. My feeling is that if you are a senior citizen you should have had enough experience to read about and know what your were purchasing. Its not like some 20 year old purchaser with no life experience.

You bought a non-refundable ticket.

You knowingly risked that you could not make the flight. [You have to mark that little box you have read and accept the terms of the ticket to buy a ticket - did you lie?] You gambled and lost.

Instead of accepting responsibility for your mistake, you blame others. And we wonder why young people fail to take personal responsibility for their actions when senior citizens like this want to blame everyone else.

to Anonymous Modesto, California, United States #1178153

Thanks for your support, how long have you worked for ALLEGIANT AIR???

to mike Denver, Colorado, United States #1178383

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnn...

How typical of people like you who equate facts such as agreeing to the terms of service with working for [insert company name].

That's the problem with this country these days.

Someone is always ready to whip out some kind of card, Race, Senior, Vet etc to get out of taking personal responsibility for their actions.

Life happens, these people were caught up in terms of service, terms that have zero provisions for sudden illness, they agreed to.

They checked a little tick box when they made the flight.

A box similar to he one you had to tick when you posted your banal nonsense.

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1177694

It has nothing to do with your being "senior citizens." The rules apply to all nowadays. The days of buying a ticket and getting a re-schedule or refund for free are and have been over for quite some time.

You purchased non-refundable tickets. Best to read the fine print when you purchase.

Now you know. This is how we learn---even when we are old.

to h.kitchener Modesto, California, United States #1177993

Thanks for your support, how long have you worked for ALLEGIANT AIR???