2.3K views

Reserved a round trip flight from Greensboro, NC to Sanford, FL and reserved a rental car from Alamo 09/28/14 through 10/09/14. At arrival at Sanford international airport, went to the Alamo desk and was informed that I owed over $90.00 in fees that Allegiant doesn't charge.

I could have rented direct from Alamo for less than Allegiant charged plus the additional fees. The car was returned (2)

days later and was informed by Alamo that I would have to take up any refund with Allegiant. When

I called Allegiant, I was told that Allegiant makes no refunds for rental cars. In short, Allegiant Airlines stole over a weeks car rental.

If I had rented from Alamo, I would have gotten a partial refund based on the time that I had the rental.

I liked: Convenience of airport.

I didn't like: Cramped seats, Broken expensive items in bag, Poor customer service.

Comments

We have had the SAME thing happen over and over. Sad thing is, we are just now realizing we have been taken advantage of for the last few years.

Seminole, Florida, United States #1198593

I had the same problem when flying from Clearwater to Appleton, WI and Allegiant "rented" me a vehicle thru Enterprise. When I returned the vehicle I was charged an additional $72. Enterprise explained the the fees are in addition to what Allegiant charges their customers and would have been explained and charged up front if I had gone to them directly.

Beware of what you do through the Allegiant website.

Four of us recently flew to Sanford and rented a car from Alamo for a week. When we picked up the car (which had been paid for in advance) we were charged an additional $188.00 for adding one additional driver, plus several other items that we thought were paid when we booked.

We liked the Allegiant flights, but, to save money we should have booked a rental car directly through the rental company. I know for sure we never use Alamo again.

Another disappointment is the clerk certainly not a gentleman - he was rude and abrupt when we opted not to buy there insurance. A tire and battery charge was even added to our bill!