Verified Reviewer

On Sunday, December 15, 2019. FliFlight 2213 Conf #: 9FWRRM was scheduled for departure 9:28 PM from gate 5 at the Chattanooga airport flying to Orlando.

We started boarding later than the scheduled time, and after sitting on the plane for a little while, an announcement was made that there was an issue with a filter that the crew was working on resolving. Shortly after, we were asked to deplane, as they were having trouble removing the old filter. Once we had deplaned, an announcement was made that they were working on the issue. They informed us that they were working to get another plane in from Orlando that night.

However, if they werent able to by midnight, we would have to wait until morning to fly home. They announced that all of us had the option to move to a different flight on a different day, going to a different airport. Another announcement was made by Allegiant staff that they were still working to get a replacement plane and crew in tonight. They informed us that if not, our flight would be move to around 0800 am in the morning, and that we would be provided with hotel vouchers.

Shortly after this, a cart with a large number of pizzas was brought in and everyone was offered a slice of pizza. No drinks were offered at this time. I do recall that there were a small number of sodas and an even smaller number of very small bottles of water on the gate desk as we were deplaning. This original number of drinks was not enough for everyone, and no other drinks were offered.

This was late at a small airport, so there were no vendors open to offer other drink choices or food. Sometime between 11 pm and 12 am, we were informed that we would not be flying home to Orlando tonight, and that our rescheduled flight would be departing at 0537 am the next morning. We were informed that no hotel vouchers would be given. We were informed that we would have to go back to the pre-security area of the airport because we werent allowed to stay post-security through the night.

We were also informed that we would all be given $100 in vouchers with Allegiant. Our party included 3 adults and 2 boys ages 3 and 6, and we were in a pre-security area. We were concerned about falling asleep while his children were there.

We found an area of floor to try to get some sleep. For the next 2 hours, I attempted to get some sleep, but was unable to due to the airport getting colder and colder, and it being noisy and well lit.

I got to the point where I was shivering, so I got up around 2:30 am. I went to the Allegiant check in desk, and found a staff member. He informed me that the manager never showed up, which was expected by the staff. He found my suitcase for me so I could get another sweatshirt and a beanie cap to keep warm.

I went back to the room with my friends to try again to get some sleep. After a while I finally dozed off, to be awoken around 0400 am. We immediately went up to security, and went through, back to gate 5 to await our flight. $100 in vouchers, that we were given each, was just kicking us while we were down.

I slept less than an hour prior to getting on that flight that morning.

$100 in flight vouchers isnt worth much. $100 in flight vouchers might cover a round trip flight somewhere, if I can find some of your lower cost fares that are going a place I want to go on one of your schedules that I can work with. This is assuming that I dont want to check a bag. If I am not able to meet all of these requirements to get a round trip for under $100, what then?

I would have to find a flight that met my needs and spend more money with Allegiant.

This doesnt make any sense on my part, as I dont want the risk of running into an issue like this again and not be taken care of. I believe the right thing for Allegiant to have done, was to offer all of us passengers hotel vouchers along with the $100 in flight vouchers.

Preferred solution: At a minimum double the amount of vouchers per person.

• Flight cancelation