8.3K views
1.3

I recently booked a ticket with Allegiant air and purchased their Trip Flex thinking that if my travel plans changed I would get a refund. WRONG!

All they do is issue a travel voucher for a future flight minus several charges that they say are unrefundable.

You are NOT told this prior to purchasing the Trip Flex, as a matter of fact you don't even get an email explaining the Trip Flex conditions. I will NOT be taking advantage of their travel voucher as I choose to use a reputable and safe airline, after you add in all the different charges you really aren't saving much on this poor excuse of an airline.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. anthonydarmanin stated that there is a room for improvement of trip flex is a rip off just travel voucher no refund. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "trip flex" of allegiant air flight and associated monetary loss in the amount of $179. Allegiant Air needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned allegiant air flight in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Allegiant Air.

Comments

I have flown Allegiant very often and never had a problem. If you read the FLEX information provided when making your reservations , you will see that what they did is what they state in that information.

I am flying where Allegiant doesn't fly, so I had to take American Airlines. Talking about expensive add ons, theirs are horrible.

#1442052

Allegiant is a very racist company and incorporates ghetto rules when running their airline, namely what ever they can get away with they will do. Someday they’ll get sued by someone they screw over.Ordinary people are not used to a company (specifically an airline) that hides behind ambiguous policies, sometimes extremely vague rules and regulations, if they have a chance to make an extra 50cents or sometimes just to show how much their ghetto *** is in charge.

Actually, it says right in the terms and conditions that you will get a credit voucher minus carrier fees (which are usually $13). I'm quoting from the site below.

It's not a bad deal. You don't get your money back but you do get a credit good for a year of travel for the dollar amount minus $13. Quote:"Otherwise, credit is provided minus carrier charges, booking fees, and cancellation fees, except that cancellation fees do not apply if Trip Flex was purchased (the amount paid for Trip Flex itself is non-refundable).

Any credited funds will be applied as a non-refundable, non-transferable credit voucher good for future travel on Allegiant Air. All travel involving credit voucher funds from a given itinerary number must be completed no later than 365 days from the original booking date under that itinerary number."

We are very pleased with a recent experience with Allegiant Air. After our son unexpectantly ended up in ER hours before our flight left Allegiant provided us with a voucher to fly again for 90% of our original ticket fees and we didn't even purchase flex.

Kennebunk, Maine, United States #1288546

I too was duped into buying trip flex but was told yesterday that my $ could not be refunded and could only serve as a voucher. They trap you into having to used their airline.

How do I get my money back legally?

Leesburg, Florida, United States #1251421

The sentence about credit or refund caused me to think I could get a refund if we had to cancel. Unfortunately we had to cancel and now I see the ticket is not transferable.

Oh well, just another $267 gone which is not good. Live and learn.

Melbourne, Florida, United States #1238577

I've had to use TripFlex several times because of my children getting sick while visiting family across the country. The TripFlex allowed us to change our flight dates with the only charge being if the new ticket price was more expensive than the original. I think many here are comparing this to travel insurance, which it is not.

#1201674

Ya they are el cheapos and out to grab every cent they can like most airlines. If you read the fine print and dont expect much you will be fine.

I dont get the insurance because the ticketts are so cheap I just sacrifice the fare if something comes up. A real bargain if you dont mind the risks.

I dont. Have flown with them many times and will continue to do so.

Gaston, South Carolina, United States #1178345

You can't even complete the reservation without approving the Trip Flex add on. No option NOT to take it. Bull!

to Anonymous Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada #1183606

Yes there is, you click on I have read about trip flex and choose to decline it. Most people just never fully read the details.

to Anonymous Howell, Michigan, United States #1202885

Are English and basic computer skills not part of your skill set?

I agree the worst business practice I've seen. Had to cancel with 2 weeks notice and got back not even a cent.

This airline is a big rip off.

Hope they go out of business for treating their customers so poorly. I caution everyone that plans on flying with them.

How can you blame Allegiant for your failure to read and understand what is clear on the website. Instead of guessing, why don't you read the terms you agreed to when you bought the ticket.

The Allegiant website clearly states: "All Allegiant tickets purchased are non-refundable." By purchasing Trip Flex you are able to change the ticket date with minimal costs: Their website says "credit is provided minus carrier charges, booking fees, and cancellation fees, except that cancellation fees do not apply if Trip Flex was purchased (the amount paid for Trip Flex itself is non-refundable). Any credited funds will be applied as a non-refundable, non-transferable credit voucher good for future travel on Allegiant Air." What is not to understand a ticket being "non-refundable."

to Anonymous #1039612

Obviously you are associated with this poor excuse of an airline so I will save my breath!

to Anonymous #1039719

When you purchase trip cancellation insurance from any other airline you get a complete refund of every penny paid! Not a partial credit voucher for future travel. Allegiant will most likely go belly up in the near future as they are a horrible airline and not cheap either.

to Anonymous #1040234

Anyone who thinks Trip Flex is travel insurance either can't read or declines to understand plain English. Think about even the name of it: Trip FLEX.

It provides some FLEXIBILITY to your travel dates.

Allegiant Air sells "non-refundable" tickets. Does any one have difficulty understanding what that means - no money back, no refund. If you don't use your ticket you get zero, nada.

That is the risk you take when you are too cheap to buy a fully refundable ticket from some other airlines. You gamble that you can use the ticket, at the risk of getting nothing back if you do not.

Trip Flex offers a middle ground. If you do not use the flight you purchased, you still do not get a refund, but you get a credit that you can use later for another trip. Most airlines have this feature.

It is not trip cancellation insurance.

It simply provides some flexibility by giving you a credit for future travel (with some fees) if you could not use your initial itinerary. If you have difficulty understanding that, perhaps in the future, you could as a suggestion get a competent adult to help you purchase your tickets.

to Anonymous #1044005

I agree with the above comment. Trip cancellation is much more expensive than Trip Flex for the obvious reasons.

I read the fine print prior to purchasing a ticket with Air Allegiant and was very aware what I was getting..a cheap direct flight on a no frills airline. If you want an inexpensive way to get trip cancellation and you travel quite a bit consider getting a good credit card that includes these features.

to Anonymous Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1095855

I'm not cancelling my trip, I just want to cancel Trip flex, like it says to do within 24 hours, because there will be no changes to my itinerary . And says a refund will be given, all I want is that $37.00 they made me pay extra. How do you get ahold of Tripflex?

to Anonymous Santa Rosa, California, United States #1183894

What it really is, is a waste of money and a means for Allegiant to tack on more costs. They nickle and dime everything. They end up not being that cheap, just uncomfortable and a very high chance of having a delayed flight or an outright canceled flight.

to Anonymous Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada #1183609

I agree most people "assume " then they get their nose out of joint when mysteriously it isnt how they imagined it. Read folks!