Bellingham, Washington
12.6K views
1.3

I recently booked a ticket with Allegiant air and purchased their Trip Flex thinking that if my travel plans changed I would get a refund. WRONG!

All they do is issue a travel voucher for a future flight minus several charges that they say are unrefundable.

You are NOT told this prior to purchasing the Trip Flex, as a matter of fact you don't even get an email explaining the Trip Flex conditions. I will NOT be taking advantage of their travel voucher as I choose to use a reputable and safe airline, after you add in all the different charges you really aren't saving much on this poor excuse of an airline.

Product or Service Mentioned: Allegiant Air Flight.

Reason of review: Trip Flex.

Allegiant Air Cons: Trip flex is a rip off just travel voucher no refund.

• refund refused

Comments

same happened to me.. I'm out 243

nothing like having a stroke and not being able to go on vacation, spending $487 and only getting back $243

Buyer should be more aware. Don't take things for granted.

Do your own due diligence.

Be mad at yourself for not investigating. Read the fine print!

I agree. Just went thru something similar.

Voucher is 12 months from booking to trip or cancellation , so 12 months is actually only 9

nope

I have flown Allegiant very often and never had a problem. If you read the FLEX information provided when making your reservations , you will see that what they did is what they state in that information.

I am flying where Allegiant doesn't fly, so I had to take American Airlines. Talking about expensive add ons, theirs are horrible.

#1442052

Allegiant is a very racist company and incorporates ghetto rules when running their airline, namely what ever they can get away with they will do. Someday they’ll get sued by someone they screw over.Ordinary people are not used to a company (specifically an airline) that hides behind ambiguous policies, sometimes extremely vague rules and regulations, if they have a chance to make an extra 50cents or sometimes just to show how much their ghetto *** is in charge.

Racist??? Ghetto???

you throw terms around that mean nothing anymore.

Its your own fault for expecting first class treatment for cheap fares. Get a life.

Actually, it says right in the terms and conditions that you will get a credit voucher minus carrier fees (which are usually $13). I'm quoting from the site below.

It's not a bad deal. You don't get your money back but you do get a credit good for a year of travel for the dollar amount minus $13. Quote:"Otherwise, credit is provided minus carrier charges, booking fees, and cancellation fees, except that cancellation fees do not apply if Trip Flex was purchased (the amount paid for Trip Flex itself is non-refundable).

Any credited funds will be applied as a non-refundable, non-transferable credit voucher good for future travel on Allegiant Air. All travel involving credit voucher funds from a given itinerary number must be completed no later than 365 days from the original booking date under that itinerary number."

We are very pleased with a recent experience with Allegiant Air. After our son unexpectantly ended up in ER hours before our flight left Allegiant provided us with a voucher to fly again for 90% of our original ticket fees and we didn't even purchase flex.

I too was duped into buying trip flex but was told yesterday that my $ could not be refunded and could only serve as a voucher. They trap you into having to used their airline.

How do I get my money back legally?

The sentence about credit or refund caused me to think I could get a refund if we had to cancel. Unfortunately we had to cancel and now I see the ticket is not transferable.

Oh well, just another $267 gone which is not good. Live and learn.

I've had to use TripFlex several times because of my children getting sick while visiting family across the country. The TripFlex allowed us to change our flight dates with the only charge being if the new ticket price was more expensive than the original. I think many here are comparing this to travel insurance, which it is not.

#1201674

Ya they are el cheapos and out to grab every cent they can like most airlines. If you read the fine print and dont expect much you will be fine.

I dont get the insurance because the ticketts are so cheap I just sacrifice the fare if something comes up. A real bargain if you dont mind the risks.

I dont. Have flown with them many times and will continue to do so.

You can't even complete the reservation without approving the Trip Flex add on. No option NOT to take it. Bull!

@Anonymous

Yes there is, you click on I have read about trip flex and choose to decline it. Most people just never fully read the details.

#1202885
@Anonymous

Are English and basic computer skills not part of your skill set?

@Anonymous

That's a real nasty thing to say.....keep your mouth shut and your insults to yourself.

BOL!