Allegiant Air - Beware of Allegiant - your flight may be a LOT more expensive than you though!
When I went to Arizona on Nov 16th flying with Allegiant Airlines, I was appalled to find they broke my expensive hair curler/straightener.I had to immediately go buy a new one to replace it - something that was NOT in the budget and couldn't be avoided because of their rough handling of my luggage.
There was a HOLE punched through my luggage where the hair curler was, even though it was packed with soft clothes to protect it. I have flown lots of times with my curler that way and never had anything happen to it. Last flight with them in the spring was upsetting because my other bag got damaged where the binding was literally scraped off the metal edging due to bad handling but they said tough, so I just shrugged my shoulders unhappily and moved on. This time, it cost me $201.68 to replace my hair curler/straightener so I called them the next morning when I found my curler as I unpacked my bags.
Know what they said? - you better be sitting down for this one....you have to go to the baggage desk - not just call - within FOUR HOURS of landing to submit a complaint and claim. Who knows this? Who does this?
The lady on the phone said to take it up with customer service at Allegiant (I thought that is what she was - guess not) so I am contacting them to see if they will refund the money I had to pay to replace what they broke. I have no problem sending them the receipt and broken hair curler to prove this complaint is real, and if they want to see the hole they put in my bag, I can show it to them. I am not even asking for new luggage because of the hole, I just want to be refunded what it cost to replace what they broke. Its bad enough to be sitting in tiny cramped seats, there were no complimentary snacks or water served, and customer service was unprofessional, inadequate and quite useless.
When I tried to contact them on their page and submit a complaint, their website doesn't work.
So much for Allegiant.They stink.
More Review Details
|Number of Destinations|
|Level of Comfort|
What I liked
- Stewardesses were nice
What I disliked
- Broken expensive items in bag
- Cramped seats
- No snack or water served
- Bad customer service post flight
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Damage Claim
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Several weeks ago, I wrote of several concerns about the performance of Allegiant Air. The response I received from someone named "Anonymous" (of course) ended with "Get over it!"..."
- "upon landing in Boise, flight 330 6/12/15 the cabin first filled with petroleum smelling vapors, which was burning eyes and making it difficult to breath. then the cabin filled with..."
- " I am writing as a result of being on flight 638 and it being cancelled which caused a serious negative impact on me financially. I did not receive your..."
- "on November 12th 2014 we went to the Brekenridge Pizza Hut and had a delivery a large thin pepperoni pork, a large sausage, easy sauce green pepper mushroom and traditional..."
- "4 weeks ago we purchased two Laz boy leather recliners from NFM KCK. We where told it would be 4 weeks for delivery, so I drove 90 mile to get the..."
- "Received a "2015 Important Bulletin" in mail today about "New Funeral Expense Benefit" for seniors, which will pay up to $10,000 for expenses. Just had to verify my name, husbands..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "thanks for always give us the best quality kitchen cabinets, i must say, your service and price is very good, your serivce make me very happy. It is really an..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."