Allegiant Air - Beware of Allegiant - your flight may be a LOT more expensive than you though!
When I went to Arizona on Nov 16th flying with Allegiant Airlines, I was appalled to find they broke my expensive hair curler/straightener.I had to immediately go buy a new one to replace it - something that was NOT in the budget and couldn't be avoided because of their rough handling of my luggage.
There was a HOLE punched through my luggage where the hair curler was, even though it was packed with soft clothes to protect it. I have flown lots of times with my curler that way and never had anything happen to it. Last flight with them in the spring was upsetting because my other bag got damaged where the binding was literally scraped off the metal edging due to bad handling but they said tough, so I just shrugged my shoulders unhappily and moved on. This time, it cost me $201.68 to replace my hair curler/straightener so I called them the next morning when I found my curler as I unpacked my bags.
Know what they said? - you better be sitting down for this one....you have to go to the baggage desk - not just call - within FOUR HOURS of landing to submit a complaint and claim. Who knows this? Who does this?
The lady on the phone said to take it up with customer service at Allegiant (I thought that is what she was - guess not) so I am contacting them to see if they will refund the money I had to pay to replace what they broke. I have no problem sending them the receipt and broken hair curler to prove this complaint is real, and if they want to see the hole they put in my bag, I can show it to them. I am not even asking for new luggage because of the hole, I just want to be refunded what it cost to replace what they broke. Its bad enough to be sitting in tiny cramped seats, there were no complimentary snacks or water served, and customer service was unprofessional, inadequate and quite useless.
When I tried to contact them on their page and submit a complaint, their website doesn't work.
So much for Allegiant.They stink.
More Review Details
|Level of Comfort|
|Number of Destinations|
What I liked
- Stewardesses were nice
What I disliked
- Broken expensive items in bag
- Cramped seats
- No snack or water served
- Bad customer service post flight
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Damage Claim
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Dear United Airline Customer Care, My name is Ning Wu. I have purchased UA tickets of RIC to NKG, Feb. 10, 2016 and NKG to RIC, Feb. 24, 2016. United Conf#..."
- "I parked my car with a valet in downtown (4th / hill ) I leave my key with them because they need to manage my car to a right spot,..."
- "June 8, 2015 flight from Pittsburgh to Jacksonville flight 868 scheduled for 235pm after multiple announcments of delays they had passengers line up as the plane was going to land,..."
- "I ordered a beagle off the site 4 years ago and he's been nothing but an angel. I did have an issue with his health when he arrived (slight kennel..."
- "I subscribed feb 12th then stuck at shipping label created since feb 19th. I emailed boxycharm and received a generic respose. Its been 17th business days since I subscribed. What..."
- "We entered the local Lowe's store around 8:30 pm on 4-9-13 - and the first thing we were greeted by was a pallet of lawn care materials sitting about 6..."
- "Purchased a 6.5 ft Aspen Silver Fir Tree with Candlelight bulbs, received a tree with clear LED and one strand of Candlelight. See picture, Yellow Candlelight bulbs on bottom, clear..."
- "We ordered these headsets in the hopes they would allow our polo team's coach to guide players during practice games. We were looking for the same system used by NFL..."
- "...all the shots of the ones I wanted of her in angel wings were terrible!!! Photographer only took two shots..."