3.3
Number of Destinations

When I arrived to board Allegiant flight 798 from Orlando-Sanford to Plattsburgh NY at 0530 on December 28, I was notified that flight 798 was cancelled. After waiting in line for an hour I was informed by an Allegiant agent that I could try, as a "reaccom," the same flight on December 30, or that I could fly on flight 740 on December 29, which would go to Rochester NY.

(SFB-ROC). Both were unsatisfactory alternatives. Nevertheless, I decided on flight 740, but before doing so I asked the Allegiant agent that if I had to, could I subsequently cancel the 740 flight and get a full refund. The agent said "yes." About an hour later, I was able to book another flight with a different airline that was leaving that afternoon.

Then, I tried to contact Allegiant to cancel my reservation on flight 740. Surprise, surprise! The Allegiant website would not permit a cancellation, so I tried the phone, and of course they never answered the phone ---- altogether I held for a total of five hours during the rest of the day trying to reach them. This is a perfect Catch-22, isn't it?

Allegiant said I could cancel a flight reservation but then they denied me the ability to do so. I have subsequently emailed them twice requesting my refund, with no result (their website promises a response within 24 hours, another Allegiant joke).

This is not merely "poor customer service." It is thievery. John Quenell

Review about: Allegiant Air Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Meesh2016
San Diego, California, United States #1272921

Patience is a virtue John, just wait on hold or wait for a response to your email. Calm yourself down.

Quincy, Massachusetts, United States #1269636

The station agent(s) would have the ability to cancel the flight and refund it .. You seriously did not expect someone on the end of an 800 number to help you????

Ilion, New York, United States #1266966

The station manager should personally help you.