3.9
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

Flying home July 9, 2017 with my ESA Rabbit, I was told my rabbit could not board the plane.This coming after he has been accepted and flying for 2 years on Allegiant!

I have multiple documentation from my mental health provider dated within the year,registration papers with the national service animal registry identifying my rabbit with pictures and an ID # No where in the Allegiant policy does it state "cats and dogs only" for ESA's ! For ESA's It states Dogs and other animals! No where does it state that your doctor has to say what "type " of animal your ESA is. Only your condition and that the animal is needed or being used for therapy.

I had all the correct paperwork. I was rudely told cats and dogs ONLY and that was THEIR knowledge for the past 8 yrs. well, I continued through security and just prior to boarding was told yes, I was CORRECT about my animal...so sorry.

This has happened 3 or 4 times in the last two months, when previously I have had no problem.I don't know WHAT the attendants have or have not been told of late, but they are CLEARLY confused in the area of ESA's!!

Review about: Allegiant Air Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Allegiant Air?

Comments

Airlines are not required to accept any other animals other than dogs and cats.zBut they can and usually do accept other animals.But not required.Rats,snakes,ferrets ect almost guaranteed to be rejected.They have to draw the line somewhere.