I actually liked my first part of my trip trying Allegiant air until they left me stranded in Florida just before Hurricane IRMA.I flew down to do some work on my home and Hurricane Irma became a threat while I was down there.

I had a seat reserved on flight 1670 going out on 09/08/2017 at 1:28 pm. This flight was in no way in jeopardy of the hurricane at that time but on 09/06/2017 at 9:25 am I received an email it was cancelled. Allegiant made no effort to help me find an alternative means to evacuate and contacting a customer service person is impossible. They offered to reschedule a flight in the email, but no other flights existed.

I ended up having to keep my rent a car and driving back with all the other people evacuating Florida. I was probably the worst drive I ever encounter in my life. Imagine being surrounded by vehicles going anywhere from 70 mph to 3 mph for over 20 hours. Being trapped in traffic jambs and nowhere to go.

The mental and physical drain was absolutely terrible.

It also caused me additional unnecessary expenses.It is not right that an airline feels they can just abandon a customer and not offer any sort of help in an life threatening situation.

Review about: Allegiant Air Flight 1670.

Reason of review: Lack of concern for customer safety in a life threatening situation..

Preferred solution: Take responsibility for endangering peoples lives..

I liked: Trip down to punta gorda.

I didn't like: Being stranded in a life threatening situation.

Had an Experience with Allegiant Air?

Comments

Hi I'm glad to see your post and sorry it happened to you.Because I was left in a similar situation stranded by Aligiant.

It was probably a different flight, my was out of Miami, on Thurday 12:30 PM approximately. When you think about it Irma really didn't hit until Saturday, and Friday different airlines were adding flights to help the people. Allegiant canceled flights hurting people left people stranded in harms way. No moral at all.

And same situation I had to rent a car and drove back home to Kentucky, cost me a lot of money I drove for 22 hours.And now I can even get through the customer service.