Allegiant Air - Allegiant - Keeping My Money and Rude Customer Service Reps
We had to find an alternative flight, hotel and rental car, the day before we left on our trip, due to the potential strike in April of 2015.Allegiant was supposed to refund all of our money in 7 - 10 business days.
11 business days later, my husband calls to get a status on our refund. He talks with a lady who was very rude, cut him off when he was talking and would put him on hold for 10+ minutes without notice. She (The Customer Service Rep) then guaranteed that the refund would be in our bank in 24 hours. Over 24 hours later...no refund.
I talked to Alyssa on chat who stated the refund would take ANOTHER 7-10 business days to be in our bank account. When I tried to clarify what she stated, Alyssa said, "They are still processing refunds for passengers. It does take time. Lynn was aware of this as she called yesterday." (Lynn is my husband who was told the money would be in our bank in 24 hours.) I felt her, "It does take time" was rude, especially when we had already waited 12 business days (when we were GUARENTTED a FULL RETURN in 10 or less), have the bill to pay on the additional trip expenses and received no apology from either Customer Service agent regarding the hassle or the fact that Allegiant didn't honor their word on the refund!
We are a family of 6 and don't have extra money to spend. We put the additional travel expenses, due to the Allegiant strike, on a credit card because our youngest daughter waited 7 years for her first trip to Disney World and we had already taken off work. When I stated, "I am no longer going to fly Allegiant but thanks for checking on the status" Alyssa simply replied, "Thank you for contacting Allegiant Travel. Have a great day." Even just an apology would have gone a long way...is that too much to ask?
Their airline is horrible and their customer service is even worse. I don't know where they find the people who answer the phones.
If they hire to represent their company then their company doesn't care about their customers, only their money.I really HOPE we get our money back and I am telling everyone I know never to fly Allegiant.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Level of Comfort|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of communication
- Refusal to refund my money
- Uncaring staff
- Bereavement policy
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Refund Policy
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My luggage was tossed in the baggage claim room at the airport and was completely destroyed along with my other items inside my bag. I could not zip my bag..."
- "Several weeks ago, I wrote of several concerns about the performance of Allegiant Air. The response I received from someone named "Anonymous" (of course) ended with "Get over it!"..."
- " I am writing as a result of being on flight 638 and it being cancelled which caused a serious negative impact on me financially. I did not receive your..."
- "Beware! Eric does not clean carpets well. You must watch him and be there constantly. If you leave the house forget it. He is lazy and is not thorough. He..."
- "Took my wife to our local Steak 'n Shake here in Springfield, Il. Store #1201209. We ordered 2 Snack Pk Stk. while setting there I caught an add about there..."
- "I ordered some compression socks and 2 pair of Compression and Body-Support Undershirts. I received the socks just fine, but then a week later they finally shipped the shirts. When..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."
- "I ordered two autism necklaces for me and my husband a month ago. I received an email stating that my order is being made and will be shipped. There is..."