Allegiant Air - Allegiant - Keeping My Money and Rude Customer Service Reps

We had to find an alternative flight, hotel and rental car, the day before we left on our trip, due to the potential strike in April of 2015.Allegiant was supposed to refund all of our money in 7 - 10 business days.

11 business days later, my husband calls to get a status on our refund. He talks with a lady who was very rude, cut him off when he was talking and would put him on hold for 10+ minutes without notice. She (The Customer Service Rep) then guaranteed that the refund would be in our bank in 24 hours. Over 24 hours refund.

I talked to Alyssa on chat who stated the refund would take ANOTHER 7-10 business days to be in our bank account. When I tried to clarify what she stated, Alyssa said, "They are still processing refunds for passengers. It does take time. Lynn was aware of this as she called yesterday." (Lynn is my husband who was told the money would be in our bank in 24 hours.) I felt her, "It does take time" was rude, especially when we had already waited 12 business days (when we were GUARENTTED a FULL RETURN in 10 or less), have the bill to pay on the additional trip expenses and received no apology from either Customer Service agent regarding the hassle or the fact that Allegiant didn't honor their word on the refund!

We are a family of 6 and don't have extra money to spend. We put the additional travel expenses, due to the Allegiant strike, on a credit card because our youngest daughter waited 7 years for her first trip to Disney World and we had already taken off work. When I stated, "I am no longer going to fly Allegiant but thanks for checking on the status" Alyssa simply replied, "Thank you for contacting Allegiant Travel. Have a great day." Even just an apology would have gone a long that too much to ask?

Their airline is horrible and their customer service is even worse. I don't know where they find the people who answer the phones.

If they hire to represent their company then their company doesn't care about their customers, only their money.I really HOPE we get our money back and I am telling everyone I know never to fly Allegiant.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Additional Fees
Level of Comfort

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Lack of communication
    • Refusal to refund my money
    • Uncaring staff

Product or service
Refund Policy
Review category
review #625046

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Allegiant Air? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 1 No 1
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 21, 2015 #974667

For those people who think they are special, any reply by the agent is going to be considered rude. Articles indicated the strike could have affected 250 flights and 33,000 passengers. How many refunds do you think they handle in a normal week? If thousands of people ask for refunds, it is certainly going to overload their system. Do you think you should have been moved to the front of their line. Why don't you have any empathy for the airlines? The fact a strike was being called was not their doing, but the pilots.
The very fact that you keep referring to being "guaranteed" a refund in 10 days or less shows how out of touch with reality you are. You are guaranteed a refund, but the date is merely an estimate when it will occur. No agent would use the term "I guarantee it," so we know that you have distorted what was said to your husband. That something should occur within 24 hours is not a guarantee . They are not keeping your money, and it is unfortunate that you had to place your trip on a "credit card" but that hardly sounds like a disaster. Patience is a virtue.

2 4 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Allegiant Air. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Allegiant Air.
Filing a new complaint about