We had to find an alternative flight, hotel and rental car, the day before we left on our trip, due to the potential strike in April of 2015.Allegiant was supposed to refund all of our money in 7 - 10 business days.
11 business days later, my husband calls to get a status on our refund. He talks with a lady who was very rude, cut him off when he was talking and would put him on hold for 10+ minutes without notice. She (The Customer Service Rep) then guaranteed that the refund would be in our bank in 24 hours. Over 24 hours later...no refund.
I talked to Alyssa on chat who stated the refund would take ANOTHER 7-10 business days to be in our bank account. When I tried to clarify what she stated, Alyssa said, "They are still processing refunds for passengers. It does take time. Lynn was aware of this as she called yesterday." (Lynn is my husband who was told the money would be in our bank in 24 hours.) I felt her, "It does take time" was rude, especially when we had already waited 12 business days (when we were GUARENTTED a FULL RETURN in 10 or less), have the bill to pay on the additional trip expenses and received no apology from either Customer Service agent regarding the hassle or the fact that Allegiant didn't honor their word on the refund!
We are a family of 6 and don't have extra money to spend. We put the additional travel expenses, due to the Allegiant strike, on a credit card because our youngest daughter waited 7 years for her first trip to Disney World and we had already taken off work. When I stated, "I am no longer going to fly Allegiant but thanks for checking on the status" Alyssa simply replied, "Thank you for contacting Allegiant Travel. Have a great day." Even just an apology would have gone a long way...is that too much to ask?
Their airline is horrible and their customer service is even worse. I don't know where they find the people who answer the phones.
If they hire to represent their company then their company doesn't care about their customers, only their money.I really HOPE we get our money back and I am telling everyone I know never to fly Allegiant.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Level of Comfort|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of communication
- Refusal to refund my money
- Uncaring staff
- Bereavement policy
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Refund Policy
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Flight 787, 6/20/15, XNA to Sanford Fla. Delayed 2 hours in boarding area and almost 1 hour on plane before departing. Flight 786, 6/28/15, Sanford, Fla. to XNA. Had..."
- "I was seated in first class (5B) and started to feel like I could not breathe and my eyes were watering, then I looked over to see the passenger in..."
- "When my 75 year old grandmother, Alexandra, bought tickets to travel by Amtrak from Washington to Montreal she never thought that this trip would became a nightmare and would cost..."
- "I had Morning Star Bamboo installed by a HSS (Home Service Store) recommended installer, and paid for it by a loan facilitated by LL. I signed a contract that..."
- "Suzanne Mayborne took our 6 year old border collie family member away on August 4, 2011 just because she could. The legal thing was done...not the right thing! ..."
- "Bought Tradewinds sreen away been trying to get directions top glass got broke have new panel ordered tried get someone on phone is a..."
- "I used collage.com plenty of times and was quite happy but recently that has changed.I ordered 4 pillows ,nice and colorful and clear.I recieved pillows that had no detail and..."
- "I have been a Primus customer for about 8 months and read the bad reviews but decided to give it a try anyway. I can confirm the bad reviews, it..."
- "We thought that the expensive leather construction was the way to go. On the left seat of the sofa, the thread wasn't pulled as tight as on the right seat. ..."