100% full Not resolved
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort

We had to find an alternative flight, hotel and rental car, the day before we left on our trip, due to the potential strike in April of 2015.Allegiant was supposed to refund all of our money in 7 - 10 business days.

11 business days later, my husband calls to get a status on our refund. He talks with a lady who was very rude, cut him off when he was talking and would put him on hold for 10+ minutes without notice. She (The Customer Service Rep) then guaranteed that the refund would be in our bank in 24 hours. Over 24 hours later...no refund.

I talked to Alyssa on chat who stated the refund would take ANOTHER 7-10 business days to be in our bank account. When I tried to clarify what she stated, Alyssa said, "They are still processing refunds for passengers. It does take time. Lynn was aware of this as she called yesterday." (Lynn is my husband who was told the money would be in our bank in 24 hours.) I felt her, "It does take time" was rude, especially when we had already waited 12 business days (when we were GUARENTTED a FULL RETURN in 10 or less), have the bill to pay on the additional trip expenses and received no apology from either Customer Service agent regarding the hassle or the fact that Allegiant didn't honor their word on the refund!

We are a family of 6 and don't have extra money to spend. We put the additional travel expenses, due to the Allegiant strike, on a credit card because our youngest daughter waited 7 years for her first trip to Disney World and we had already taken off work. When I stated, "I am no longer going to fly Allegiant but thanks for checking on the status" Alyssa simply replied, "Thank you for contacting Allegiant Travel. Have a great day." Even just an apology would have gone a long way...is that too much to ask?

Their airline is horrible and their customer service is even worse. I don't know where they find the people who answer the phones.

If they hire to represent their company then their company doesn't care about their customers, only their money.I really HOPE we get our money back and I am telling everyone I know never to fly Allegiant.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $1200. The author is overall dissatisfied with Allegiant Air and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about refund policy from Allegiant Air was lack of communication, refusal to refund my money and uncaring staff Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Allegiant Air.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Transport category for more informed decision or compare Allegiant Air to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Allegiant Air?

Comments

For those people who think they are special, any reply by the agent is going to be considered rude.Articles indicated the strike could have affected 250 flights and 33,000 passengers.

How many refunds do you think they handle in a normal week? If thousands of people ask for refunds, it is certainly going to overload their system. Do you think you should have been moved to the front of their line. Why don't you have any empathy for the airlines?

The fact a strike was being called was not their doing, but the pilots.

The very fact that you keep referring to being "guaranteed" a refund in 10 days or less shows how out of touch with reality you are. You are guaranteed a refund, but the date is merely an estimate when it will occur. No agent would use the term "I guarantee it," so we know that you have distorted what was said to your husband.

That something should occur within 24 hours is not a guarantee .

They are not keeping your money, and it is unfortunate that you had to place your trip on a "credit card" but that hardly sounds like a disaster.Patience is a virtue.