Allegiant Air - Allegiant - Keeping My Money and Rude Customer Service Reps
We had to find an alternative flight, hotel and rental car, the day before we left on our trip, due to the potential strike in April of 2015.Allegiant was supposed to refund all of our money in 7 - 10 business days.
11 business days later, my husband calls to get a status on our refund. He talks with a lady who was very rude, cut him off when he was talking and would put him on hold for 10+ minutes without notice. She (The Customer Service Rep) then guaranteed that the refund would be in our bank in 24 hours. Over 24 hours later...no refund.
I talked to Alyssa on chat who stated the refund would take ANOTHER 7-10 business days to be in our bank account. When I tried to clarify what she stated, Alyssa said, "They are still processing refunds for passengers. It does take time. Lynn was aware of this as she called yesterday." (Lynn is my husband who was told the money would be in our bank in 24 hours.) I felt her, "It does take time" was rude, especially when we had already waited 12 business days (when we were GUARENTTED a FULL RETURN in 10 or less), have the bill to pay on the additional trip expenses and received no apology from either Customer Service agent regarding the hassle or the fact that Allegiant didn't honor their word on the refund!
We are a family of 6 and don't have extra money to spend. We put the additional travel expenses, due to the Allegiant strike, on a credit card because our youngest daughter waited 7 years for her first trip to Disney World and we had already taken off work. When I stated, "I am no longer going to fly Allegiant but thanks for checking on the status" Alyssa simply replied, "Thank you for contacting Allegiant Travel. Have a great day." Even just an apology would have gone a long way...is that too much to ask?
Their airline is horrible and their customer service is even worse. I don't know where they find the people who answer the phones.
If they hire to represent their company then their company doesn't care about their customers, only their money.I really HOPE we get our money back and I am telling everyone I know never to fly Allegiant.
More Review Details
|Level of Comfort|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of communication
- Refusal to refund my money
- Uncaring staff
- Bereavement policy
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Refund Policy
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I reserved a flight, within 12 hours, I had to cancel and could not get ahold of anyone. I emailed and got a response telling me I had to call..."
- "On September 19th, I was on a flight to Las Vegas from Memphis, TN. I was thrown off because I paid for a seat in the exit isle. ..."
- "Poor service to Cincinnati. Late arrival. No one at ticket. Counter early. Selective to who can put items in overhead bins. Told was not allowed to put backpack which is..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "Stay away! They guaranteed us a full deep cleaning. One of the owners came to our house for an inspection and we were very specific about what we wanted. We..."
- "I contacted Tamia at 6478700100 this past tuesday. I went to her motel room in Barrie and we discussed what i was into and then i gave her 200 donations..."
- "Bought Tradewinds sreen away been trying to get directions top glass got broke have new panel ordered tried get someone on phone is a..."
- "Though we really loved the toy-hauler layout, Heartland is a company that does not care about making things right for their customers. Their newer models now have a protective barrier/trim..."
- "I ordered some compression socks and 2 pair of Compression and Body-Support Undershirts. I received the socks just fine, but then a week later they finally shipped the shirts. When..."