1.3
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

My flight left early - without me!I had checked in during the 24 hour check in period but due to car problems and a sick 4 year old, we were not there 2 hours ahead of time.

My daughter dropped me off and left for home (about 1.5 hours away) but the guy behind the counter told me to wait for the manager. I asked him where I should wait, and he gave me a dismissive wave... So I stayed where I was, just off to the side of the baggage check in. about 30 minutes later the people behind the counter said there goes the flight to Vegas...

Grand Island Nebraska does not have a queue to get to the runway, so it is very unlikely that they were even pulled away from the gate. I believe that they resold my seat. Selling it twice and charging for baggage - what a scam! After waiting for an hour for the manager - he came and (speaking broken language) offered a flight from Des Moines (over 5 hours away) but of course I would have to pay for it, and my two checked bags again!

And how would I get there? He just shrugged. The cherry on top is that I also had booked a car from Alamo through them, so it was non-refundable also!! So I lost the air fair and rental car for 8 days and seeing my family for Thanksgiving!

There is no customer service. You cannot talk to anyone if you have problems. Maybe that is on purpose because there is so much to complain about!

I should have gotten a clue when you have to pay for every bag, even carry-ons (or pay more at the airport) and they don't even provide a water on the flight.I will be filing with the BBB and will never fly or recommend flying with them again.

Review about: Allegiant Air Flight.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Dirty planes, Manager no help, Get you on the extras, Charge for all bags, Cancellation policy.

Had an Experience with Allegiant Air?

Comments

You agreed to be checked in with boarding pass in hand 45 mins before the flight.Boarding closes 15 min before departure time.Failure to be checked in on time or at the gate at time your reservation is subject to cancellation.Its all in the terms you agreed to.And almost all airlines have the same or similar requirements for check in.

to Anonymous #1398868

And yet Southwest was kind enough to put me in the next flight out, And they did it for free.

"we were not there 2 hours ahead of time."

The flight didn't leave early you wing nut.You admit you weren't there on time.

" 30 minutes later the people behind the counter said there goes the flight to Vegas..."

Did you really think you would get to an airport at best 30 minutes before departure and get on board.

Not. That's not happening. Your reasons and excuses why you were late do no matter.

The manager wasn't coming back for you.

With this airline, that person was probably loading bags and then trotting back to the gate to get people on.This is on you good reasons or not.

to Anonymous #1398873

I'm glad that you live in such an easy, black and white world, Troll.Life is made of shades of Gray.

You don't know my situation, never tried to walk in my shoes.

Southwest made me feel like a valued customer.Allegiant made me feel like nothing but a number.

to Julie #1399221

Let me ask you something. Do you really think a plane load of people with places to go and things to do will care about your mini saga?

Do you think the person who has to be on time somewhere for say a funeral, cruise or other important reason should suffer because of YOU?

No one is holding up a plane load of people for one person no matter how compelling their reasons are.